Global Predictions for 2019!
The Global Business Policy Council makes 10 key predictions for 2019, all of which we believe will have important implications for the global business environment:
- The US–China trade war will intensify.
- Bitcoin will lead the consolidation and maturation of the cryptocurrency market.
- The global trash crisis will spur innovations in waste management.
- The global shipping industry will crash into new sulfur regulations.
- The Xi–Putin relationship will be the world’s most consequential bromance.
- The global anxiety epidemic will lead to a proliferation of new products.
- A sand shortage will grind the gears of the global construction industry.
- The looming emerging markets credit crisis will grow in both scale and scope.
- Africa will be more connected than ever.
- Real-life “Iron Man” will materialize in the form of exoskeletons.